Johannesburg – Princess Charlene of Monaco, stranded in South Africa after complex health and practical problems, has been temporarily treated in hospital. “She was brought in an ambulance,” a spokeswoman for her foundation, Chantel Wittstock, told dpa on Friday, but emphasized: “It wasn’t a collapse. The recovery wasn’t making the progress that doctors had hoped.” That evening, she announced Charlene’s exit.
The princess recently underwent a four-hour operation under general anesthesia before receiving a visit from her husband Prince Albert II and twins Gabriella and Jack in South Africa. “She is currently in a stable condition,” Wittstock said. “On Monday, she will have a follow-up examination with her doctor,” she said in the evening. And her plan to return to Monaco at the end of October remains unchanged.
Charlene, who was hospitalized on Wednesday night, traveled to the country on the southern tip of Africa at the start of the year to support the fight against rhino poaching. What initially seemed like a home visit turned out to be a month-long permanent residence.
She told local media that the oral surgery performed before her flight delayed her return. When flying at high altitudes, it cannot compensate for the pressure in the ears. She indicated the end of October as the return date.
The princess’s long stay in South Africa has sparked speculation on social media about the couple’s possible separation and the possibility of the princess returning to her old home. On the other hand, Charlene (43) has repeatedly protested in interviews about how much she misses her husband, and above all children. I met Charlene Albert, 20, at a swimming competition in 2000, having previously played for South Africa at the Olympics.