Diablo 2: Resurrected has been improved for Xbox Series X/S. Now the design director is talking about the mods.
Design Director at Vicarious Visions, a Blizzard Entertainment company, Rob Gallerani, has announced details on how Diablo 2: Resurrected can be improved for Xbox Series X/S.
“It was important to visually preserve the classic nostalgia. We even give gamers the ability to cycle between D2R and the original game at the touch of a button. The greater the visual contrast between the two, the more impressive the look. The Xbox Series X|S capabilities have allowed us to push The borders of the original 2D sprite-based game into a fully physics-based 3D game with dynamic lighting and up to 4K resolution. It’s incredible. Now playing Diablo II on a console in front of a big 4K TV screen is one of my favorite ways to experience the game” .
“The Refuge has never been more engaging than it is today. Our players will play a classic game that runs at the same pace as 2D, but with new high-resolution 3D graphics enhanced in 4K emulated on PC. To complement the stunning graphics, Xbox Series X | S players will be able to Experience their journey with epic 7.1 surround sound.”
Other characteristics include:
- 4K, 60fps+, HDR
- Significantly faster load times
- Quality and performance mode
- Players invite their friends directly to their game or use Party Finder
- Additional options implemented for Party Finder
- Experience a 21-year-old game with the highest graphics and sound compatibility
- In-depth systems, distinct character classes, and timeless games
- Cross-generational play on Xbox
- smart delivery