Microsoft announced this and is now offering the first beta version of Windows 11. It is based on build number 22000.100 that was published in the developer channel a week ago. Unlike the previously released version, there are slight limitations. Beta Channel Insiders don’t have access to the Microsoft Teams chat. Chat’s first preview update rolled out in mid-July, but Windows 11 beta testers now have to wait to be able to participate in the preview, too. Microsoft has announced that it will enable chat for the beta channel in the coming weeks.
In addition to Regular blog post From Amanda Langowski, Head of Windows Insider and Director of Windows Brandon LeBlanc In the new beta build, there’s now an expanded list of known issues. We have added the list at the end of this post.
Channel change recommended
No new posts compared to last week’s update. We have already made innovations.
Microsoft also recommends that all Insiders who have used the Developer Channel so far consider switching: “If you’re in the Developer Channel, now would be a good time to switch to the beta channel if you’re on more stable versions of Windows 11 and want to work.”
- Begins: In some cases, you may not be able to enter any text when using search from the start bar or taskbar. If so, press WIN + R to open the Run dialog, then close it.
- The system and Windows terminal are lost when you right-click the Start button (WIN + X).
- Taskbar: The taskbar sometimes flashes when switching the input method.
- Settings: Links to certain settings pages will not go to the correct settings page if the settings are not already open.
- A short green flash may appear when starting the Settings app.
- When you use Quick Settings to change accessibility settings, Settings UI may not save the selected state.
- Settings crash if you click Face Recognition (Windows Hello) under Sign-in settings when Windows Hello is already set up.
- File Explorer: Explorer.exe crashes when using the Turkish display language once the battery is charged to 100%.
- Sometimes the context menu is not fully rendered and ends up getting stuck.
- Clicking the desktop icon or context menu item can select the wrong item.
- Request: After clicking the search icon in the system tray, the search box may not open. In this case, restart the “Windows Explorer” process and open the search box again.
- If you hover over the search icon in the system tray, your recent searches may not be displayed. Restart your computer to fix the problem.
- The search box may appear black and contain no content below the search box.
- Widgets: The toolbar can appear blank. To fix the problem, you can sign out and sign back in.
- When running links from the toolbar, applications may not be brought to the foreground.
- Gadgets may display the wrong size on external monitors. In this case, you can start the gadgets by touch or by using the WIN + W key combination first on the physical computer screen and then on the secondary monitors.
- Shop: We are working to improve the relevance of searches in the Store and to fix an issue where the ranking of search results was inaccurate in some cases.
- The Install button may not work yet in some scenarios.
- Ratings and reviews are not available for some applications.
- Windows Security: For some Insiders, the text in the User Account Control dialog is not displayed correctly. This issue affects Insiders who are not within EN-US.
- Automatic Sampling turns off unexpectedly when the computer is restarted.
- Windows Hello (Face) may display the error message “Something went wrong” when you try to sign in after the upgrade. To get around this issue, sign in with your password or PIN, then: Open Device Manager, and uninstall Windows Hello Face Software Device under Biometrics.
- the site: There is an issue where some Insiders have some translations missing in their user experience for a small subset of languages that run with the latest Insider Preview builds. To see if this affects you, visit Please read this forum answers And follow the steps to fix the problem.
- Windows Sandbox: Taskbar keeps crashing in Windows sandbox. The team is looking for a solution.
Infographic Windows 11 Infographic: Top New Features
download WhyNotWin11: Check Windows 11 Compatibility