Kevin Spacey is free after the trial begins

0
Kevin Spacey is free after the trial begins

The American Hollywood star has been allowed to return to the United States despite ongoing lawsuits alleging he was sexually assaulted in London.


Kevin Spacey is in hiding after the first trial date in London on sexual harassment charges. The start of criminal proceedings against the Hollywood star in London was decided by a judge on Thursday. Previously issued arrest warrant revoked.

According to the court, there was no danger of absconding. Spacey does not have to give up his passport either. Like the British news agency PA The 62-year-old is expected to return to the United States until the next hearing in Southwark Crown Court on July 14. Spacey is said to have flown to the UK earlier in the week, launching an official indictment and investigation.

The two-time Oscar winner (“The Usual Suspects”, “American Beauty”) faces four sexual assault charges against three different men. The incidents are said to have taken place between London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013. Another was charged with “intrusive sexual activity without consent.” According to his lawyer, Spacey denies all charges.

When Spacey arrived outside Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Thursday morning, a crowd of reporters and cinematographers surrounded him. He was able to get into the court with difficulty. He did not answer questions from reporters. However, he smiled confidently. According to the PA, during the nearly 30-minute interrogation, Spacey only gave his name and address.

American sender ABC As Spacesey said before the trial began, I was hopeful that this trial would prove his innocence.

In the fall of 2017, allegations of sexual harassment and harassment against Spacey surfaced as part of the #MeToo debate. Spacey, who was art director at the Old Wick Theater in London between 2004 and 2015, announced that it had received 20 complaints of inappropriate behavior against Americans in the same year.

Spacey lost his role in the Netflix series House of Cards. There, the film crew accused him of sexual harassment. He owed the production company MRC $ 31 million (approximately .6 27.6 million) in compensation. Space-related scenes were also removed from the film All the Money in the World. Actor Christopher Plummer, who died in February 2021, accepted his role.

After being out of public view for many years, Spacey landed his first minor role in the 2021 Italian film L’uomo che disegnò Dio.

dpa / jb / LTO editors

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here