Holidays in Crete: Another earthquake in front of the island! The land is so shaky!
Ahead of the next earthquake Crete! The Greek island was just two weeks old Crete 6.3 magnitude earthquake
The quake struck again at lunchtime on Tuesday – stronger than ever. Who is here Holidays Now be especially careful.
Holidays in Crete: Another earthquake on the island! Even stronger now!
This time the quake struck off the coast of Crete, not long before the capital Heraklion. The quake measured 6.3 on the Richter scale on Tuesday. The epicenter was reported below the Pacific Ocean floor, however; no tsunami alert was issued.
This is Greece:
- The capital of Greece is Athens
- Greece borders Albania, northern Macedonia, Bulgaria and Turkey
- In 1821 the state gained sovereignty
- It covers an area of 131,957 square kilometers and has a population of 10,727,668 (as of 2018).
- The head of state is Caterina Sakello Poulo, and the head of government is Prime Minister Griagos Mitsodakis
- Well known Greek islands: Corbus, Crete, Kos, Mykonos, Rhodes
The epicenter was reported below the Pacific Ocean floor, about 405 kilometers southeast of Athens, the capital of Greece. The tremor was also felt on the island of Crete. However, according to previous information, no one was injured.
More about vacations in Greece:
One person was killed and several others were missing and buried in the rubble after the quake in late September. (mbo)