Exactly one week before the first match of the European Championship against Germany, France called for rehearsal. In Paris, the world champion took a sovereign victory – but he also had to accept the bad news.
Three days before the start of the European Championship, France scored a definitive 3-0 victory over Bulgaria. Head coach Didier Deschamps’ side was safe at the back and was able to repeatedly pin pokes against a deep defense up front. The goals came from Antoine Griezmann (29) and Olivier Giroud (83, 90).
But for the French there was a brief moment of shock. Because striker Karim Benzema had to be replaced injured. The 33-year-old injured his knee and was unable to continue despite treatment. “He felt strong, so we didn’t want to take any risks,” coach Deschamps said after the match.
It is not yet known if the Real Madrid striker will be out of action anymore. Representative Olivier Giroud played a good match and scored two goals. So you don’t have to worry about the French fans too much.
Live broadcast tape to read
France 3-0 (1-0) Bulgaria
93. min – A final whistle! France won the EM rehearsal 3-0. The French did not give the Bulgarians any chances in defense, but they had some problems in the attack.
90. min France’s goal! Once again, Olivier Giroud is the one to score. A beautiful steep pass down Wissam Ben Yedder’s lane brings the Bulgarian defense into a swim. Ben Yedder lies on the other side and inserts Jiro.
86. min – The fans here at the Stade de France are making some noise again. The game is now babbling on itself. There won’t be much extra time.
83. Min France’s goal! It’s 2-0 for the French. A superb cross pass from Bayern Munich’s Benjamin Pavard from the right at Olivier Giroud, who moves the ball over the goal line.
77. Min With eight players on the field, Bulgaria is temporarily in its own penalty area. Therefore, France almost does not pass through the wall and collides with it in the person of Ousmane Dembele.
73. Min France is hardly coming, but Pogba at least got a corner out of it. However, this does not bring anything.
68. Min Bulgaria goalkeeper Naumov will be tested again, this time by full-back Deni. The aim is not really dangerous, but Naumov saves it.
66. Min Deschamps changes twice. N’Golo Kante will replace Thomas Lemar and Antoine Griezmann with Ousmane Dembele.
63. min Bulgaria defends well, does not allow too much. For a long time it seemed that France had no ideas here.
56. min – N’Golo Kanté causes applause from the scene. The crowd favorite wins the ball and runs out to the left. However, his cross was still unsuccessful.
51. min – But there are hardly any real highlights in the first few minutes. The picture has not changed. Bulgaria is deep, and France can think of little to get past it.
46. Min – The second half has started. France attacks directly. By the way, Lucas Hernandez, who was replaced by Lucas Digne, is no longer there.
45. min – Not much happened. The first half in Paris – 1-0 to France.
40. min The Bulgarian could stand out today: goalkeeper Daniel Naumov. A French counterattack on Kylian Mbappe lands on Antoine Griezmann, who closes from a good position but fails due to Naumov.
39. Min It is clear that Benzema will not go further. The Real Madrid striker injured his right knee and was replaced. For him, Olivier Giroud comes to the game.
35. min Karim Benzema needs treatment but is now back on the field.
32. Min – As a result, Bulgaria has become a bit inactive, and the setback can be seen in the team.
29. Min France’s goal! What a one! A low cross from Mbappe hits a defender. Antoine Griezmann responded with an overhead kick that veered slightly off target. Redemption for “Equipe Tricolore”.
27. Minute Good chance for France! Kylian Mbappe and Karim Benzema met through the Bulgarian defense, but Mbappe’s conclusion was invalidated by goalkeeper Naumov.
26. Min – The Bulgarian corner is not profitable. France can arrange itself again.
23. min – The game is rather difficult, little forward speed, little risk of scoring. France is going through a difficult time.
15 minutes – The first quarter of the hour ended, and France controlled 71 percent and controlled the match. But the world champion wasn’t really forced.
12. Min France became more dangerous, this time through Kylian Mbappe, who failed with his low shot on goalkeeper Naumov.
11. Min Karim Benzema has the best chance of the match so far, but the Real Madrid striker is wasting after a good combination.
10 minutes – The guests here have developed a certain security and they are against it.
7. Min Bulgaria is trying to turn quickly after winning the ball. However, early initial attempts against the defense of France failed.
4. Min – It’s the expected dominant start for the world champion. Bulgaria stands deep and defensive.
2 minutes – A first chance for the French! Kylian Mbappé tries from a tight corner with his left foot, but he twists slightly.
1 minute The match kicks off in Paris. Fans who create a strong atmosphere are also allowed directly.
9:07 pm – The players are there, the jingles are played. ready to go.
9:00 pm. – Stade de France starts in ten minutes!
8:50 pm The Bulgarians are not adversaries who should pose great obstacles to France. But they have some talented players to watch out for. Midfielders Antove (20) from FC Bologna and Bohedar Krief (23) from FC Midtigland are noteworthy.
8:48 pm The French squad reveals a lot about the system in which one can also play against Germany. Coach Didier Deschamps relies on a midfield diamond with Bayern Munich’s Corentin Tolisso in one of his two halves.
8:45 pm Welcome to the live stream of the France vs Bulgaria match.