Microsoft has released a new security update for Windows 10 April 2022. KB 5012599 increases the build number of Windows 10 20H2 to 19042.1645, 21H1 to 19043.1645, and 21H2 to 19044.1645.
As a note for Windows 10 20H2 users, this is the penultimate security update. The last update will appear in May 2022. The update for Windows 10 19044 can be done very quickly with KB5003791.
As always, only the KB5012599 security patch patches vulnerabilities. New functionality will be incorporated into the optional update. If you have not installed the latest optional update KB5011543, these changes will now be installed automatically. As always, it is a cumulative update.
Known issues of KB5012599
- After you install Windows Updates released on January 11, 2022 or later on an affected version of Windows, recovery media (CD or DVD) may fail to start using the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) application in Control Panel.
Recovery discs created using Backup and Restore (Windows 7) on devices that have installed Windows Updates released before January 11, 2022 are not affected by this issue and should start as expected.
Issues fixed by KB5012599
- Individual vulnerabilities are reported for all versions of Windows and Server listed here.
- Addresses an issue that causes a denial of service vulnerability in Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV). For more information, see CVE-2020-26784.
Manual Download for KB5012599
Windows 10 tutorials and help
On the Windows 10 wiki you will find many useful tips and tricks. If you have any questions, just ask us at forum.
- formulations The current installation files can always be found in the right sidebar. Windows 10 21H2 ISO (19044) or Windows 10 21H1 (19043) ISO
- Installations: Install Windows 10 Clean, Reinstall Win 10 2004/20H2/21H1
- Current problems with: Windows 10 2004 / 20H2 / 21H1
- fixes: Internal upgrade repair, Win 10 via DISM, sfc and more, Windows update repair, start menu repair, apps repair, repair store, network repair
- Sign Up: win 10 automatic login
- remove, uninstall: Uninstall apps
- File Explorer: Remove folders under This PC, Network, OneDrive, etc. in Explorer
- Correct use: Use the start menu correctly, use the search correctly,
- Importance: Each tutorial shows the appropriate version for it.