We love oat flakes, these little food bombs are not only versatile and delicious to use in the kitchen, but they also provide us with a number of important nutrients such as B vitamins, magnesium, zinc and calcium. The fiber it contains promotes healthy digestion and keeps us full for a long time, making it the perfect breakfast to keep you full until lunchtime – without any cravings.
Oatmeal is especially popular as a warm porridge, which most people eat in the sweet version with nuts, nut butter, and fruit. But porridge is also a real pleasure when it’s delicious – that’s why we have a delicious breakfast recipe with eggs and chives for you. Try it!
Also exciting: Healthier than oatmeal – 5 alternatives to your porridge >>
Breakfast recipe for porridge with eggs and chives
- 100 grams of oatmeal
- Salt and Pepper
- Some fresh chives
- Oil of your choice for frying (such as olive oil)
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Briefly fry the oatmeal.
- Then add eggs and fry.
- Then mix everything together and season with salt and pepper.
- Add some water and simmer for a few minutes over low heat.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with fresh chives.