Birkenstock, the famous sandal maker, calls out many children’s shoes. The model named Mogami is affected.
- Birkenstock remembers children’s shoes
- Birkenstock Mogami model affected
- Screws can be loosened and swallowed
The company reports that quality controls have found that if the heel strap is heavily loaded, the rivets can in rare cases separate.
For young children (0 to 3 years old) there are potential health risks. Small parts may be swallowed.
The following Birkenstock children’s shoes are influenced by sizes 24 to 28:
- 1019672 Mogami Kids BF Black Glacial Acid
- 1020565 Mogami Kids BF Icy Active Red Black
- 1019306 Mogami Kids BF Black Black
- 1020251 Mogami Kids BF Icy Bright Violet Pink
- 1020886 Mogami Kids BF Carbon Navy
- 1021066 Mogami Kids BF Desert Soil Camo Khaki
- 1020243 Mogami BF Icy BTS Purple Haze Violet
- 1019514 Mogami Kids BF Icy Purple Fog Pink
- 1020271 Mogami BF Icy BTS Blue Lime Black
- 1019466 Mogami Kids BF Icy Ultrablue Black
Customers who have purchased an affected article can return it to the relevant branch or send it back to the relevant online store. Reimbursement will also be made without a purchase receipt.
Birkenstock recall: Customers should also check sandals of shoe size 28
Birkenstock also notes that customers should also inspect sandals of the affected model from a shoe size 28 for similar defects. These products are also taken as a goodwill gesture. (metric tons)