It’s far. Microsoft introduced the first Insider Build for the upcoming Windows 11 23H2. It’s Windows 11 25115.1000 rs_prerelease and is only distributed in the dev channel. The dev and beta channels have been separated again.
This version will not be released as an ARM version. At first, not much will change compared to the 22H2. As always, this will take a few builds after a fresh start. But there is one new feature – the proposed actions.
“Windows Insiders can try out a new feature in this build that speeds up everyday tasks in Windows 11 with built-in suggested actions. When you copy a date, time, or phone number, Windows suggests actions that are relevant to you, such as, for example, creating calendar events or Make calls using your favorite apps.
Known issues in Windows 11 25115.1000
- Some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat may crash or check your computer for errors.
- Live subtitles
- Some full-screen applications (such as video players) prevent live subtitles from appearing.
- Some apps near the top of the screen that were closed before Live Captions turned on will restart behind the Live Comments window at the top. Use the system menu (ALT + SPACEBAR) while the application is focused to move the application window down.
Fixed problems in Windows 11 25115
- We have updated the codes in Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) in this release.
- The Basic Speech platform has been updated to improve speech activity detection for voice access, live annotations, and speech input, and to fix some punctuation detection issues.
- Fixed an issue with loading taskbar icons in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar which could recently cause Settings to crash when opening this page. This issue may also have caused some explorer.exe crashes for affected insiders.
- File Explorer
- Fixed an issue that caused Insiders to see error 0x800703E6 when copying files from Google Drive.
- We’ve made another change to improve the performance of home uploading.
- Fixed an issue where the key combination CTRL + ALT + DEL caused explorer.exe to crash if the context menu was open.
- Fixed intermittent crash of explorer.exe when closing file explorer windows.
- Fixed an issue where explorer.exe could be blocked in some cases when settings are turned off.
- Narrator is optimized to read remaining disk space under System > Storage.
- Task Manager
- Fixed some issues with using access keys in Task Manager, including not being able to press ALT+ directly without first releasing the ALT key, and the access key not working after it was pressed, used, and released.
- When the CPU reaches 100%, the CPU column header should not become unexpectedly unreadable in dark mode.
- Windows Security
- Fixed an issue that could cause Smart App Control to unexpectedly block signed apps.
- Fixed an issue causing memory integrity to be unexpectedly disrupted after restart in some cases.
- Fixed an issue that caused the update stack package to display installation error 0xc4800010.