“Fast & Furious” films are popular all over the world, but they are not called the same everywhere. In Japan they came up with particularly interesting names for all regions!
- In most parts of the world, “Fast & Furious” films have very similar titles – but not in Japan!
- The Japanese know the Fast series as “Wild Speed” from the first film.
- Netsweld reveals 10 crazy titles known for the action saga in Japan.
In Germany, “Fast & Furious” films often stuck to the original English titles or added a number at the end, while in the United States things occasionally received a few more works with titles such as “The Fade of the Furious”. Infamous nickname “Fast & Furious – new model. Original parts.” Part 4 is already the most daring invention in this country.
In Japan, on the other hand, distributors are not satisfied with the titles given. So every part of the “Fast and Furious” history got its own title in Japan, some of them even better than the original!
- “The Fast and the Furious” became: “Wild speed”
- “2 Fast 2 Furious” became: “Wild Speed X2”
- “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift”: “Wild Speed X3: Tokyo Skating”
- “Fast & Furious – New Model. Original Parts.” Became: “Wild Speed Max”
- “Fast & Furious Five” became: “Speed Mega Max”
- “Fast & Furious 6” became: “Wild Speed: Euro Mission”
- “Fast & Furious 7” became: “Wild Speed: Sky Mission”
- “Fast & Furious 8” became: “Wild Speed: Snow Gap”
- Fast and Furious: Hobbs & Shaw became: “Wild Speed: Super Combo”
- “Fast & Furious 9” became: “Wild Speed: Jet Brake”
Apparently, in 2001 it was decided that “speed” was better than “fast” in Japan and that “wild” was significantly cooler than “pure”. In addition, Japanese viewers may misunderstand the images for the Wilder version of “Speed” starring Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock.
Then the Japanese stayed true to the “Wild Speed” titles, multiplying the speed for parts 2 and 3 and splitting them into their own smaller rows by rotating them into parts 4 and 5, on top of that the “mega max” was the maximum speed!
This work is at the forefront in films 6 and 7, while the ice breaks in Part 8 and the jet breaks in Part 9. Or was it a jet blast? “Wild Speed: Jet Break” will finally be released in our theaters in Germany until July 15 – despite the very boring title.
“Tip: Excellent VPN providers for added security and data security