Royal Antwerp – Fenerbahce Istanbul 0: 3 (0: 3)
Fans of Fenerbahce Istanbul can look forward to continuing the winter in the Europa League Interim Round. Thanks to the excellent performances of former U21 European champion Max Meyer and U21 European champion Mergim Berisha, but without the ill-fated former national player Mesut Özil, the Turkish Süper Lig’s table seventh Royal Antwerp won 3-0. Thanks to Eintracht Frankfurt’s victory over Olympiacos Piraeus, Fenerbahce was still able to capture the Greeks.
After the riot in the Antwerp match against Frankfurt, the match had to take place without spectators. Fener excelled in this ghostly background and scored nine minutes later for the first time by Mert Hakan Yandas. Then began the show of the mayor and Perisha: first Perisha wore a dry mayor (16.). Perisha then scored the final score before the break. After a cross from Yantas, he did an acrobatic shoot with a side pull (29th).
Olympic Marseille – Lazio Rome 2: 2 (1: 1)
In Group E, everything is still open: table leaders Galatasaray Istanbul, Olympique Marseille and Lazio Rome split 2-2 in a serious match. In the first round at the State Velotrom, the hosts took the lead from Arcadius Millic (33rd) through a penalty. After a corner, Philip Anderson equalized before the break, VAR corrected the previous offside result (45th + 5). In the second half, Lazios goal-guaranteed Ciro Immobile scored the first goal: the former BVB striker turned fast after a defeat on the defensive field in Marseille and the ice turned cold (49th). But Marseille were able to entertain the home crowd a little bit: the experienced Dmitry Boyd pushed the ball into the goal from a tight angle. Southern France (4 points) are now just one point behind Lazio, and may even overtake leaders Galatasaray (8 points) in the last two games.
Other results at a glance:
- Olympiacos Prius – Intract Frankfurt 1: 2 (1: 1)
- Olympic Lyon – Sparta Brock 3: 0 (0: 0)
- Brindby IF – Glasgow Rangers 1: 1 (1: 0)
- AS Monaco – PSV Eindhoven 0: 0
- Real Sociedad San Sebastian – Storm Cross 1: 1 (0: 1)
- Legia Warsaw – SSC Napoli 1: 4 (1: 0)
- Galatasaray Istanbul – Locomotive Moscow 1: 1 (1: 0)
- KRC Genk – West Ham United 2: 2 (1: 0)
- Bayer Leverkusen – Betis Sevilla 4: 0 (1: 0)
- Leicester City – Spartak Moscow 1: 1 (0: 0)
- Sporting Prague – Ludocorets Raskrat 4: 2 (3: 1)
- Rotor Stern Belgrade – FC Midgeland 0: 1 (0: 0)
- Ferencvaros Budapest – Celtic Glasgow 2: 3 (1: 2)
- Dinamo Zagreb – Rapid Wien 3: 1 (2: 1)